Friday, June 13, 2008

Thank You Everyone!

The conference is finally over. I'm back at home, heading out to the garden to relax and rejuvenate. I want to send a thanks to all the conference attendees for making this conference such a success. We heard at lunch yesterday, how much work goes into the conference: the Conference Committee, Local Arrangements Committee, Presenters, Facilitators, and I thank them all too. It takes a "SUNYLA village" to raise an annual event.

But, what made this conference so great was the participatory nature of the attendees. Not only did you socialize, blog and attend presentations, you drummed, sang, danced and played a myiad of games. I truly expected the Talent Night to be a pretty good "gong" show. What we got was outstanding performances by outstanding talents. Who knew? Everyone embraced the spirit of "making a racket" and made the conference a fun place to be. THANK YOU ALL!

Wishing everyone a safe journey home and a relaxing weekend. See you next year!

2 comments:

Gerry said...

Marianne,
I want you to know how much I enjoyed the conference. Everything I did was fun, and I did a lot!
From Tuesday night's dinner at the Casbah to the final morning's programs and box lunch, I had a blast!
Kudos to all who were involved in the local arrangements.
I am still in awe of the job you did. Bravo!

JSchu said...

Hello Marianne,

Good work; good conference.

fyi. I just asked Wendi Ackerman about usable URLs for 2008 conference pages. I'm getting 404s.

For upcoming issue of SUNYergy, I want to be able to point to some of those pages.

Thanks again,
John